Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back from the West Coast

Hello SCARS fans!

Just got back from the great lala land and Vegas .... crazy times my friends, crazy times.
First off a very special "thank you" goes out to the lovely Heidi Martinuzzi for picking up from the airport and giving me a ride to various other places. You should check out her amazing website www.pretty-scary.net!

My time in L.A. was also made special by Eric Spudic! He runs a fantastic video store called SPUDIC'S MOVIE EMPIRE (www.spudicsmovieempire.com)  If you are a fan of rare VHS, DVD, or LASERDISC you have to check this place out! I myself am a VHS junkie so I ended up with a whole box that had to be shipped back home :D Spudic also showed me Batman's cave ... unfortunately Batman wasn't home.

I had the opportunity to see PENITENTIARY II at the New Beverly Cinema. Jamaa Fanaka himself was on hand to present the film. His talk was truly heartfelt and inspiring. He truly loves what he does.Many of the original cast was in the audience too including Tony Cox! The whole vibe of the crowd was really nice too. I love being around my fellow GRINDHOUSE fans!


After L.A. I hit up Vegas for a few days. Vegas is always fun filled with creepy people! Like girls who will pay $20 dry hump a guy who looks like Aladdin. Or guys in there late 20's who didn't get the memo about NOT wearing visors anymore. On the way back to St.Louis, a flight attendant told me I was to young to know what A CLOCKWORK ORANGE was after seeing my tattoo.

Well now I have to get back to work! I start editing my film FIVE later this week and there's still a wee bit of production left on RATLINE.

STAY DEAD!
Nos

No comments:

Post a Comment