Monday, March 9, 2009

VHS madness

So as I mentioned in my previous post ... I acquired a large amount of VHS while visiting SPUDIC'S MOVIE EMPIRE. This past week has been spent discovering new treasures and revisiting some classics. 


BULLET (1996) directed by Julien Temple
I picked this one up because it had both Mickey Rourke and Tupac Shakur in it! I was expecting some lowbrow gangsta flick but instead found an incredible movie.  I think it gets overlooked because of piss poor marketing.  The film was released after Tupac bit the dust and it's really obvious the producers where trying to capitalize on that.  BULLET, is a pretty dark film that examines raw human emotion. Rourke's performance is fantastic and is backed by the likes of Ted Levine and a young Adrien Brody. Defiantly check this one out.

ANGEL HEART (1987) directed by Alan Parker
I had forgotten just how good this movie is! Staring, again, Mickey Rourke, Robert De Niro, and Lisa Bonet and Charlotte Rampling. After watching this again, I realized just how much other movie have ripped off of it. Sad. The baby still gives me nightmares too!


BLUE VELVET (1989) directed by David Lynch
There is a reason why hipsters always say this movie is great. Because it is. Amazing cast and story. The visuals are stunning and the movie holds up incredibly.  I still have a total girl crush on Isabella Rossellini.


I'll be digging threw some more later today .....


Would you like your name in the credits of RATLINE ?


STAY DEAD!
Nos










No comments:

Post a Comment