Monday, July 20, 2009

Texas

Greetings SCARS readers!

I just got back from 3 days of insanity and adventure!

For about 6 months, I've been planing a shoot for my company APPLE WORM PRODUCTIONS to promote the upcoming website. Naturally I employed the services of LITHIUM PICNIC (www.lithiumpicnic.com) who is one of my all-time favorite photographers. I also teamed up with SINched (www.getsinched.com) because they make THE most amazing corsets ever and I love them.

Since I was going to be in Houston shooting with Mr.Picnic anyway ... I decided to hire him to shoot my entry fro the N.A.H.A. awards too. (N.A.H.A. awards being a HUGE hair styling competition.) I picked the theme "sideshow freaks" and bribed Sarah Swofford, Pandora Genocide, and Kaila Marie into letting me transform them into said freaks.

Sarah Swofford lives in Dallas, so Houston is about 4 hours away for her. St.Louis, where the rest of us live, is 14 hours away.

I somehow fit me, all my hair crap, a full sized mermaid tail (courtesy of www.robotmonkeylab.com), a large sword, 2 models, and all our "necessities" in my tiny yaris.

Amazingly enough we didn't kill each other. We did however have crazy road adventures ... like almost getting blown up by a burning van and icky gas stations with cool wolf stickers.

We got into Houston around 8:30 p.m. I crashed for 1 hour and then headed to Mr.Picnic's studio to shoot. SINched was there with not only a corset but a whole beautiful outfit made just for me :) The extremely talented Lalo of Lalo Arts did my hair and makeup ... and kept me looking good throughout the shoot. And then Picnic worked his magic and the shoot turned out really great! I got back to the hotel room around 3:30 a.m. and didn't wake up till the afternoon.

Saturday evening the models and I made our way back over to the studio. From 5 to 10 it was non-stop hair/makeup styling and shooting. I'm really happy with how everything turned out and the ladies did so well! We went back to the hotel room and crashed for a few hours and then it was time to embrace the open road again.

I got a little bit of sleep in and then woke up early this morning for a hair class. I learned the "Tokyo Drift" which is really just a stylish mullet. -But mullets a really in right now, so I'll be doing a lot of them this fall at the salon.

Now it's catch up time before I hit Philly and then L.A. :D

STAY DEAD!
Nos


No comments:

Post a Comment