Sunday, April 5, 2009

Age old question ....

Greetings SCARS fans!

I'd like to dedicate this blog to a question I so often get: "Why do you watch and participate in exploitation and horror films?"

Actually it seems this question is coming up more and more these days. Strange, given the most people aren't very happy with the state of things and have a lot of rage. So one would think horror movies would be a given for entertainment.

But people seem to be rather confused about the business.

So allow me to clear my throat: To understand my "obsession" you must first drop the notion that these movies cause the problem. Horror and exploitation film are a response to the problem. Murder, rape, violence, and overall cruelty were around long before the motion picture was invented. To sit there and say that these films have anything to do with what is going on in the real world is ignorant.

Now on to why I like them. Very simply, it's stress relief. 

There are very few honest emotions left in this world. Political correctness has seen to that. Most go through life never showing our true selves. - We just walk were we are suppose to walk and say what we are suppose to say. All the while rage is bubbling just below the surface of our skin.

Horror and exploitation movies are a release from that. For around two hours we can sit and experience real human emotion. Unforgiving and unflinching.

-Well at least that's how it's suppose to go down. There are watered down pieces of shot that call themselves horror films that should never, EVER, see the light of day. But that's another blog for another day .....

As for as me participating in them ... it's because I enjoy it. Yes, that's right .. I do enjoy re-living my own death over and over. It's soothing to me. -You either get that or you don't. These films have saved my life more than once.

STAY DEAD!
Nos

No comments:

Post a Comment