Sunday, November 15, 2009

SAW

Greetings Scars fans!

This past week I had the pleasure of watching SAW VI with my dear friend Jason Christ.

To be fair I don't really consider the SAW movies to be horror films. Instead they fall under this weird grouping of dramas that are terror driven. Nothing super natural, just extreme things that could happen in real life.

But I understand thats like splitting hairs ... so we'll just roll with it.

The SAW franchise has been a favorite of mine throughout this past decade. In a time when we saw (and are still seeing) A lot of fucking remakes, it was nice to have something with an original story. - Yes I know it's not 100% original but it's something that's NOT frame for frame been made before.

SAW was clever ... and I truly didn't see the ending coming. Plus it has Cary Elwes from PRINCESS BRIDE! Neat!

SAW II The story really started to develop in this one and I really got hooked into the characters.Donnie Wahlberg did an especially amazing job. This movie also really shot Shawnee Smith up the chain!

SAW III This third installment is so damn gross, I still want to vomit when that pig scene comes on! I think this one is my favorite thus far ...

SAW IV In a really bold move they kill off almost everyone who's been a main player in the first three movies. The plot starts to thicken and get a little confusing. I think fans start to really wonder how they're gonna pull more off but left curious over the identity of Jigsaw's new disciple.

SAW V This is by far the weakest of the series and really plays out more like a transitional piece. But that fucking twist at the end! Costas Mandylor! Jesus that was amazing.

SAW VI So here we are ... it's 2009 and 6 gruesome films in. I wasn't sure what to expect and curious to see had they tie everything together. I was not disappointed! Brutal traps, more insight into Jigsaw's wife, got to see what was in that damn box, AND they left it open for a 7th ... naturally.

I really can't think of any series thats held up like SAW has. I'm really looking forward to the next one but I do hope they stop making them before that get bad. -but I've been saying that since the second one! I guess as long as it keeps making money, they will keep putting them out.

Then it will be time for the remake :P

STAY DEAD!
Nos


No comments:

Post a Comment