Sunday, August 16, 2009

The hardest shoot ... ever.

Greetings SCARS readers!

Sunday was a pretty extreme day for your favorite Gore Whore.

I'm working on a top secret project for Wicked Pixel Cinema. It's going to be BIG and AMAZING - so when they asked me to participate in it, I said "HELL YES".

Now I can't give anything away yet but today was set for shooting video and stills for this project. The location was a place we lovingly refer to as "The death farm". It's where we shot most of SAVAGE HARVEST 2 and parts of DEADWOOD PARK. Director/actor Jason Christ's family own the property and runs the family farm off of it - so there's all kinds of cows and shit. There is also this little creek bed, deep inside the land, that Mr.Eric Stanze thought would be the most amazing place to shoot. He also thought I would look wicked cool naked, covered in WET flour and fake blood ...

So we decided to get the stills first. I stripped down and immersed myself with the flour mixture. At first first it wasn't so bad ... a little slimy sure but nothing I couldn't handle. About half way through the stills the flour started to harden, becoming rather uncomfortable. Within 20 minutes the mixture had become like a second skin that was cracking and pulling with every breath I took. It started to feel like I had a band-aid covering my whole body and it was getting peeled off slowly. In short, it was a big pile of suck.

By the time we got to the video part, I was in tears with every step I took. I did my best to hang in there but I eventually had to just stop because everything was too painful. Then I went to wash off and I couldn't get the shit off of me! So I had to try and put my clothes on over the dried goop. I got my pants on okay but it was so painful trying to get my shirt back on I just said "fuck it" and wrapped a towel around myself. The ride home was a long one and I tried not to make direct eye contact with the people in cars next to me.

It took an hour and half in a HOT shower to get everything off. I still didn't have it all out of my hair by the time I went out to eat ... thank jebus for colorful scarves. I'm told that everything looked great and in the end that's what ya do this crazy shit for! But for the record: covering your talent in wet flour is NOT a good plan ... however it does look pretty bad ass. I'm sure all of you will enjoy it.

So stay tuned for updates on this AMAZING project!

And while your on the world wide web, feel free to vote for me :)
Dean Girl Contest

Thank you all for the support! When I'm knee deep in gunk I think about you guys and I get through it :)

*group hug*

STAY DEAD!
Nos

No comments:

Post a Comment