Sunday, June 28, 2009

STAY DEAD

It's tattooed across my knuckles. I end all my posts with it. I LIVE by it. -But I've never really sat down and told the story behind STAY DEAD. Until today ....


It all started in ye old 2005. I was working at a rather soul crushing day job to make ends meat. In fact, "soul crushing" might be putting it lightly ... long days in a small cube, under florescent lights, having people scream at me about their cell phones. The manager's where even worse. One of the plucky old birds, who really had it in for me, was in the habit of giving me daily speeches about how this was the BEST I could hope for. She also told me that my tattoos where disgusting and that one of my family members was going to hell because he killed himself.

2005 was a stupid year.

I decided to drink it all away on New Years Eve. At some point in the evening a sharpie was found and things got written on naked bodies. Needless to say I was one of said bodies ....
I walked to a guy and asked him the write something on my knuckles. He thought about it for a minute and then wrote STAY DEAD across my fingers. - It was like a light bulb went on.

I looked at him and all he said was "It's you."

The next morning it was still on there and I was still in love with it. It was me. I started writing it on everything ... my new creed. Then came the day I ditched work and got it permanently inked on me. And everything got better after that.

STAY DEAD means be true to yourself and dead to the world. No matter what.
It's on my knuckles because I'm a lifer.

Nothing to hide.

Nothing to go back on.

Just me, my art, and my mission. From here till I rot.

STAY DEAD!
Nos

No comments:

Post a Comment